Skip to product information
1 of 1

Prime Power Training

Generator Operation and Primary Maintenance (Aug. 22 - 24)

Regular price $2,000.00
Regular price Sale price $2,000.00

Level 1: Generator Operation and Primary Maintenance Program (3 days)

Prime Power Training designed this program as an introduction to the safe operation and primary maintenance procedures for managing an emergency power supply system. As an operator, you are responsible for managing the operation of your system. This includes doing regular checks to ensure that your system is at peak performance, understanding what a primary maintenance program should look like, and being able to identify the primary components of a generator and what role they play in the overall system. In this program, trainees will spend 20% of their time learning theory, procedures, and electrical safety, while the other 80% is hands-on training so they have the best possible understanding of what managing a primary maintenance program includes. Topics include:

Learning Objectives: Attendees will….

  1. Be able to perform primary maintenance tasks (oil changes, coolant flushes, fuel testing, evaluation and maintenance of fluid systems components and devices)
  2. Be able to perform electrical system analysis and testing, specifically conductance testing and voltage drop testing.
  3. Be able to do battery maintenance and testing
  4. Be able to perform block heater testing and change outs
  5. Have a firm grasp of electrical and arc flash safety (PPE, LOTO, and introduction to insulated tools and their proper uses)
  6. Have a firm grasp of diesel theory, electrical theory, and power distribution basics (switchgear and transfer switches)



Roger Bisher Training Center

998 Veterans Memorial Hwy SE

Mableton, GA 30126


Travel and lodging to and from training are not provided. Lunches are provided for every day of training. Tools, equipment, and educational materials are provided EXCEPT for work gloves and work boots.

*Once a seat is purchased, Prime Power Training will send out an information email to give more details.

**Prime Power reserves the right to cancel any course for any reason.